Real Estate Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Poll Results: Agents should disclose part-time status

Notify me of new replies via email
Real Estate Professional | 24 Nov 2014, 09:18 AM Agree 0
The results of a REP poll indicate the majority of industry players believe part-time agents should disclose their status to clients, a stark contrast to many comments in the REP forum.
  • Mike | 25 Nov 2014, 04:06 AM Agree 0
    So are you saying that an inexperienced agent working full time is a wiser choice for a client than someone who has 35 years experience but now chooses to limit the number of deals they want to be involved in? Most people taking the licensing courses don't last the first 2 years.If you want to weed the roster pick on the agents with the most ethics violations.I've been an associate broker or broker for 33 years and can visit every client I've ever had.That means more to the industry image than how busy I decide to be,or the stress level I want,.at this time in my life.If I take a part time job to supplement my pension that's my choice.Agents don't have a pension fund like the workers at Reco.Maybe by stating that funds were set aside for investment in the financial statement you should have stated that maybe part of that money was for pensions.Was that the case?
  • | 01 Dec 2014, 12:46 PM Agree 0
    A valid point, which serves only to point out the lack of clarity in the question itself.
    I believe, were the question worded with a clarification of their intention of the meaning, for the purpose of this discussion, of "par-time" as: A licensed Realtor who who holds more than one job; Real Estate Sales and Marketing being only one of them.
    A licensed Realtor who is winding down their professional career, who does not have another job, is probably available to serve their client as needed, or on demand. This availability of service is NOT there from a Realtor who has a full-time job or multiple part-time jobs in another field/industry. This is, I believe, what needs to be disclosed to the customer/client.
Post a reply