Real Estate Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

RECA brings court injunction against second agent

Notify me of new replies via email
Real Estate Professional | 09 Feb 2015, 02:22 PM Agree 0
The Real Estate Council of Alberta has brought a court injunction against an individual suspected of being an associate of Derek Johnson’s.
  • bgoo | 09 Feb 2015, 02:48 PM Agree 1
    Well then what is the RCMP doing about it? This is an issue of criminal fraud and misrepresentation. If you are caught stealing a bottle of deodorant from Wal-Mart, you will be tackled to the ground by police in the parking lot. I've seen it with my own eyes. So what is the delay here?
  • Mike | 09 Feb 2015, 03:08 PM Agree 0
    Criminal!!!
    Why have they not been arrested and charged?
    When was the last time RECA turned this information over to the Police and had them arrested, charged and convicted?
    Mike
  • Allen | 09 Feb 2015, 03:53 PM Agree 0
    This has been going for along time and was reported but no one does anything . Lets stop a few more of them ,just go to kijiji and do a little research. Call the cops.
    Allen
  • | 09 Feb 2015, 04:05 PM Agree 0
    I believe the victims themselves must prove the case to police, but some police / RCMP did not want to work too hard for the same pay.
  • Jeff | 09 Feb 2015, 04:42 PM Agree 1
    Agreed to all the previous comments. I would also add that any licenced Realtors found gulty of fraud ( i.e. Mortgage Fraud ) should also lose their licence for Life, not a slap on their wrist with a fine and suspension. Its time the industry starts to kick out the people who gives the industry and bad Rap.
  • Jackie | 09 Feb 2015, 05:56 PM Agree 0
    White collar crime is the crime that has no justice, no conscience and no consequences. Unbelievable.
  • e. harold | 10 Feb 2015, 10:20 AM Agree 0
    Maybe a Real Investigation should study the actions of Com-Free, Property Guys and the others, Sure they don't come off as licensed agents but they act and solicit that way - and we study, do courses, PAY heavy fees For What - and how about All the sales people with Associates with No License ????
  • Old Timer | 10 Feb 2015, 03:05 PM Agree 0
    Perhaps, in addition to other re-courses we have, pressure should be applied to Kijiji, Facebook, Castanet, Craig's list, and other social media providers to ban persons FOR LIFE who use their outlets to promote illegal activity.
  • Robert | 11 Feb 2015, 11:49 AM Agree 0
    Quite frankly I find the whole arguement of licencing and the need for so called "regulations, education, accountability" a buntch of BS. I have been a licenced realtor/broker for over 27 years with TREB and I have come to realize (although it did not take me 27 years) that licencing in the real estate industry iin Canada is more about tracking and inforcing taxation then concern with having a clean responsible industry.
  • derek dj | 20 May 2015, 02:51 PM Agree 0
    It's going on today they have performed this deception many times stealing hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Like it was said above the police will tackle you for stealing 5$ but this has been going on for 4 years.

Everyone knows about this but they are " Freeman on the land "

Go to Facebook derek Johnson victims is a new page to unite the victims.

Sounds like this will continue into the future because Alberta is allowing this fraud to continue.

All levels of Government know about the situation from the Premier down. LAND titles knows each person by name yet it continues.

I am starting to think that this is going to continue for a long time.

Google quatloos derek for lots of info.
  • wtf | 22 May 2015, 01:01 AM Agree 0
    Why has he not been charged?
  • Anonymous | 15 Jun 2016, 02:12 AM Agree 0
    If anyone needs current contact info for Derek Johnson, the following is current as of this evening.

Canadapropertyguys@gmail.com

derekjohnson16@gmail.com

250-575-9255
Post a reply