Real Estate Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

REP Asks: How safe do you feel?

Notify me of new replies via email
REP Editor | 21 May 2015, 05:05 PM Agree 0
Have you ever felt your safety threatened while on the job? How did you change your habits to make sure that never happened again?
  • judy | 27 May 2015, 04:47 PM Agree 0
    Twice over the years I have had un-settling experiences with possible showings:
    1. Two men came into our office asking about a vacant mobile I had posted in our front window. The receptionist at the front desk called me out to tell me not to show to them as she got very bad vibes off of them as they found my picture in the lobby and suggested that I call in my male back-up to show it to them. I took him in and introduced them, as he went to get his keys, they just went out the front door and disappeared, never to been seen or heard from again!
    2. Two men came in on floor on a Saturday afternoon and wanted to see waterfront lots as far away as 70KMS, right away. Much of our area is rural and heavily forested. One was watching me in a very "creepy" manner(eyes dilated) and made me feel very uncomfortable. I set it up with a male agent in the town nearest the lots to show them as soon as they hit the next town, they stood him up, and the number they gave me was "not in service".
    I am not a "paranoid person", but since then I have really listened to my gut-reaction and the input of our front desk girls.
  • george | 29 May 2015, 09:47 AM Agree 0 is of utmost importance to get verified client identification. Photo id be photo-copied and verified. Knowledge is security and power and your only defense. A woman should never meet a stranger at the site. have them come into the office. Take the personal info...make photo-copies...let someone know where you are going and with whom.
Post a reply