Real Estate Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Sobering stats for agents in one flagging market

Notify me of new replies via email
Justin da Rosa | 29 Apr 2016, 08:15 AM Agree 0
Things just keep getting worse for real estate professionals in this once-hot market
  • John | 29 Apr 2016, 12:42 PM Agree 0
    Isn't Calgary a kind of boom & bust town ? Eventually oil will rebound and so will the local economy. No ?
  • | 29 Apr 2016, 01:02 PM Agree 0
    You guys are behind the curve. The Calgary market is not all doom and gloom. Inventory that has been sitting around is selling right and left. We are in a busy spring market.

Doug Zerr
  • Cheryl Trask, C21 Foothills | 30 Apr 2016, 12:39 PM Agree 0
    Sure doesn't take into account the busy spring market almost every agent I know is having right now! LOL... And what the heck is with the stats!? Average sale price April 2016 for ALL Calgary residential listings is $476,114 and for DETACHED is $540,419!?!? #oldnews #notalldoomandgloom
  • Experienced Real Estate Professionals | 04 May 2016, 01:46 PM Agree 0
    Calgary first softened in early/mid 2015, inventory is now on the decline. This market has created opportunities for many including those who were not able to purchase or invest in real estate during the last cycle. Calgary has normalized and buyers and sellers are now realistic in their expectations. As we continue to go forward (this year & next) into the recovery phase, with these current prices along with healthy inventory levels Calgary will be in great shape to rebound. After all, it is about people being able to afford a home. Calgary never reached a "super heated" price level because oil declined and never had any major levels of spec inventory as they were all absorbed. If I was CMHC I would be more concerned about Vancouver & Toronto's overheated run.
Post a reply