Real Estate Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Sony aims to be the next ‘Zoocasa’

Notify me of new replies via email
Real Estate Professional | 27 Jul 2015, 10:27 AM Agree 0
Move over Zoocasa, Yellow Pages -- the electronics maker is stepping into the real estate industry with its own controversial offering.
  • Louie Papa | 27 Jul 2015, 12:39 PM Agree 0
    This will be a big fail, the Real Estate and Renovation internet offerings are already over crowded. The ones that survive will be the ones that cater to local markets. Consumers always narrow down their service professionals down to their local experts and referrals. I'm pretty sure they will generate a lot of ad revenue though, and that"s what its about for Sony, Yahoo, Yellow pages and Rogers and so on.
  • Shannon | 27 Jul 2015, 12:54 PM Agree 0
    Can't agree more. The buyers and Sellers already have a plethora of means of coming together from eBay of a few years ago and now kijiji yet they majority who realize right away and then most who find out the hard way, real estate is a complicated transaction and requires a professional to manage the time, enrergy and contracts to make sure the deal completes. why are people trying to get around the realtors and generate revenue without us when in the end we broker the lions share of the transactions. If they want in the game they should work with us, not against us.
  • Bogdan Poprawski | 27 Jul 2015, 01:04 PM Agree 0
    Let them try, why not.
  • Bogdan Poprawski | 27 Jul 2015, 01:05 PM Agree 0
    Forgot to add: once they are licensed ...
  • Ahmet | 27 Jul 2015, 02:21 PM Agree 0
    Sony aims to be the next ‘Zoocasa’ ...so that means Sony aims to be the next failed effort at a company?
  • Pamela | 27 Jul 2015, 09:37 PM Agree 0
    There is one company that is doing it right. They are called ListNet.ca. Our brokerage just hooked us up last week.
    They're not a brokerage, not selling leads and all of my listings are automatically loaded through CREA. Their layout and look are 10 times what Realtor.ca is currently. As far as I can tell its all free!
  • Mike | 28 Jul 2015, 10:28 AM Agree 0
    Sharon asks - why people are trying to get around the realtors? The average price of a house in Toronto is more than $1.0M. At 5% commission, that's a lot of money, especially in a hot market where the average house takes less than one (1) week to sell.
  • | 05 Aug 2015, 01:31 PM Agree 0
    All so true. Come as they may, these online sites will attract some attention and simply muddy the waters for all. Buying and selling real property is very complicated and need expert advice and attention to detail that can only be achieved through local expertise such as provided by a seasoned local realtor. Technology and the internet will play a key role though, and that is to provide that data that is much needed to make informed decisions. Beware those who think that looking at pictures and numbers on a web page is sufficient to make a decision on purchasing a home. I am always reminded that you cannot learn to ride a bike by reading a book. A good realtor will giude you and provide you with insight and first hand knowledge.
Post a reply