Real Estate Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

The future of real estate buying: Virtual reality

Notify me of new replies via email
Justin da Rosa | 07 Dec 2016, 08:15 AM Agree 0
You can now take your client on a virtual, customizable tour of their future home
  • Mark Ranger - RE/MAX Kelowna | 07 Dec 2016, 02:57 PM Agree 0
    Sure why not? Let’s remove ourselves even more from meeting face to face with our clients. Of course it's interesting technology for clients out of country but is that where it will stop. Did online signing services stop at only where it was the only way to be able to obtain a signature? How many fax offers instead of presenting them in person.

More than 70% of communication is nonverbal people. You are in the communication business. How else can you broker a deal between parties?

But hell sure... why not continue to commoditize and devalue our services through such insulating services?
  • Tania Kalecheff . REMAX Action (Westmount) | 12 Dec 2016, 09:40 PM Agree 0
    I dont see how anyone in their right mind would base their purchase on this platform. This is like a video game. Buying a home is a big investment for most people. There is more to it than changing paint colors and furniture.
  • e.harold | 14 Dec 2016, 10:54 AM Agree 0
    absolutely absurd - buy a house from a Machine !! what's our fee structure ?? $$ per hour of comp uses?? wacko - lazy dollar greedy people will love it Yah
  • Brad Vujacic, Royal LePage | 06 Jan 2017, 04:08 PM Agree 0
    I've had the mispleasure of coming across a scenario where a TO agent listed and sold a condo the same day using this technology. When I questioned the agent regarding the timelessness of the transaction his response was, 'get up to speed on the available technology!' My response to him was, 'why are you wanting to destroy the very fabric of our industry!?' If we lose the (already deteriorating) thread of meeting and communicating with potential and or established clientele then what is left for us to nurture and protect!? I have already lost a career based on the daunting 'Digital Revolution', I would like to see this career to the end (or at least to my end)...too soon to be sure.
Post a reply