Real Estate Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

The real cost of double-ending

Notify me of new replies via email
Real Estate Professional | 04 Dec 2014, 08:48 AM Agree 0
Opponents suggest double-ending represents little monetary gain for potentially large reputational losses, but just how little is that gain? REP does the math.
  • Scott Simmons | 06 Dec 2014, 01:18 PM Agree 0
    Double ending and trying to represent both the buyers and sellers is a slippery slope. Yes one can do it and make the deal happen but did the buyer really get all the facts? Could the buyer have made a better deal with a buyers agent working for them? IMHO I think the buyers always need their own representation.

If the deal goes sideways and it ends up in court I think one could have a hard time explaining to the judge they were working for both the buyers and the sellers.

I work mostly as a buyers agent and see the sales that are double ended and never see the "deal" usually it's the other way and it's not a "deal" but that's just my own personal observation.

In our market the same agents who seem to over price their listings seem to be the ones who double end constantly.
Post a reply