Real Estate Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

The year ahead for hard-hit agents

Notify me of new replies via email
Justin da Rosa | 06 Jan 2016, 08:15 AM Agree 0
It’ll likely to be another tough one for agents in one struggling market, but a little creativity will go a long way in helping them thrive in 2016, says one veteran
  • P.B. | 07 Jan 2016, 08:45 AM Agree 0
    In my typical trading area, 2015 sales (all sales, not leases) total about 570 for 2015. There are approximately 167 sales reps linked to the Brokerage offices within the trading area. This figure does not include sales by local agents serving out-of area property or out-of area agents selling within our typical area. So, 570/167=3.14 average transactions per agent. Multiply that by the typical commission of, say, 2.25% x average selling price of $360,000 = $25,*** before expenses.

Where is the huge income, I ask?

And no, I am not in Alberta. I am in Ontario.

Not everyone works in the GTA or Vancouver markets so some sobriety is called for when reporting on "hot" markets.

Thanks.
  • kim burton | 07 Jan 2016, 12:09 PM Agree 0
    I really wish you would write some articles about Ontario
  • Doris Murray | 08 Jan 2016, 01:06 PM Agree 0
    Right on Kim Burton! It seems the real estate world rotates around Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto and Montreal.
    Really! There are plenty of people living in other areas of our big beautiful Country.
    I also work in a rural Ontario area within an hour of our Nation's Capital, and home prices have been dropping in the past 1-2 years.
Post a reply