Real Estate Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Tories look to borrow a page from Australian playbook

Notify me of new replies via email
Real Estate Professional | 15 Oct 2015, 03:31 PM Agree 0
Possible solution to foreign buyer problem not embraced by all though
  • Helmut | 15 Oct 2015, 06:45 PM Agree 0
    Yeah. Those foreigners. Why can't they just send their money, then vanish. We don't like foreigners, except of course when they send money. Please send lots.
  • Monica Wright | 15 Oct 2015, 11:16 PM Agree 0
    Canada is being sold to foreign investors. People do not realize or care about the horrible impact this is having. We are becoming a minority
    very quickly. And in some areas we are already. All people want is SHOW ME THE MONEY.
    Go into 90% of the variety stores, gas stations, motels. All owned and operated by folks who have come here from someplace else.
    And their employee's are from the same country, so there is no employment being generated for the born here Canadian.
    As a former business owner, I understand, as I would hire people whose last name ended with SKI before Smith , hoping to get someone who would actually work for their paycheck. This was not discrimination, it was survival for me.
    I believe we have destroyed generations of people with an easy life. giving them everything without them having to earn anything.
    I believe there should be an at least 25% charge for anyone outside of Canada wishing to purchase property here.
    THANK YOU STEVEN HARPER FOR HAVING VALUE FOR OUR COUNTRY.
  • Helmut | 16 Oct 2015, 12:44 PM Agree 0
    Monica, plain and simple: you are a fascist. Canada above all in the world, eh? Don't you think we should charge them darn foreigners 100% of their money and NOT let them into Canada? That'll teach them! Those bad people. We don't like foreigners, except of course when they send money. Please send lots.
  • Jennifer | 16 Oct 2015, 01:08 PM Agree 0
    Monica, your bitter and twisted attitude is deplorable. Why should the "born here Canadian" as you so eloquently put it, be denied a job? Do you not understand that Canada was built by immigrants? Perhaps the you denied yourself an education and should stop fearing hardworking people and go out and do something productive.
Post a reply