Real Estate Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Unification called for across the country

Notify me of new replies via email
Justin da Rosa | 03 Jun 2016, 08:15 AM Agree 0
Talks of a real estate board merger in B.C. have riled agents in other markets, who argue their own boards should amalgamate
  • | 03 Jun 2016, 10:33 AM Agree 0
    About time that this happens.
  • | 03 Jun 2016, 10:36 AM Agree 0
    The Victoria Real Estate board has opted out because of uncertainties such as cost, balance of members and the inability by the Realtors of BC board to show a benefit to them. Not all of us agree. There is a strong push back from the VAncouver Island Real Estate Board as well.
  • LAP | 03 Jun 2016, 10:47 AM Agree 0
    Victoria is wise to proceed with caution.
  • Teresa Pamatat | 03 Jun 2016, 10:50 AM Agree 0
    Thanks for keeping the conversation going!
  • Northern BC Realtor | 03 Jun 2016, 11:26 AM Agree 0
    yup lets give all our data to zolo and any other number of start-ups. Lets sell our souls for a dollar because by being a member one unified board the data can be accessed via one low membership fee and a monthly subscription. Never mind all the hard work individuals have put in to assemble it. Welcome to the age of realtor commoditization where personal networks mean nothing and everything goes to the licenced start-up who spend the most advertising dollars and hands out leads to select preferred agents
  • jeff | 03 Jun 2016, 03:38 PM Agree 0
    I don't think one size fits all here. If there are board boundaries virtually across the street from each then it makes sense to combine information so agents have access... but as an agent I am not going to show properties in towns or cities 200 miles away that I have no knowledge of what is going on the area... so access to that informatio is fine but i am likley not going to anything with it....other than refer my client to another local agent

Maybe just have all the information funnelledl to one data base managed at one location but maintain the local boards. I doubt there would be any cost saving by collapsing the local board and go with one mega board. And we would lose the local picture of what is happening if we lost local boards
Post a reply