Real Estate Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Vancouver home sales plunge 38.8% last month, real estate board says

Notify me of new replies via email
Real Estate Professional | 02 Nov 2016, 04:09 PM Agree 0
The Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver says home sales plunged 38.8 per cent last month compared with October 2015
  • Don j | 02 Nov 2016, 05:19 PM Agree 0
    Well surprise surprise - what did they think would happen when they decided to go for a tax grab - each foreign buyer adding cash to the market by buying a home fueled the sale of 6 homes so loose a hundred high end buyers you end up loosing 600 sales- it was expected to knock out a couple hundred foreign buyers so the decline was in line with expectations -but of course the second shoe will soon fall as prices slide with lack of buyers able to finance high end sales - I wonder with a resultant impact on the tax base are the bc and Vancouver governments going to freeze the tax rates as part of their role to make homes affordable ? FAT CHANCE !!
  • | 02 Nov 2016, 08:48 PM Agree 0
    and here comes the interest rate hikes to fan the flames some more. Christy will now blame the banks of course.
  • Dave Lowe | 03 Nov 2016, 12:11 PM Agree 0
    Yeppers - Let's prevent the housing bubble from bursting - by bursting it. The logic of the governments, both federal and provincial, eludes me - guess I'm just not as smart as your average Liberal politician.
Post a reply