Real Estate Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

What does the industry think of association unification?

Notify me of new replies via email
Justin da Rosa | 01 Jun 2016, 08:30 AM Agree 0
Opinions are mixed on a forthcoming real estate board amalgamation vote
  • Gord Burns | 01 Jun 2016, 11:59 AM Agree 0
    "No word yet on whether other provinces will propose similar restructuring."
    If you check you will find this has already been done in other provinces such as, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland.
  • Scott Simmons | 01 Jun 2016, 12:11 PM Agree 0
    My board the Victoria Real Estate board offers really nothing for me. They have send out an email saying they offer so much why would anyone want to leave because they are so great just ask them. It really comes down to cost–benefit analysis. What do I get for my $110 per month? What would the new entity charge? Will there be an option to opt out of the board and just be in the provincial association? I hope so. Some want to hang on to the old ways maybe take off the listings off line and put them back into books that are only available at the offices. It's time to move forward not backwards.
  • peter b. realtor | 01 Jun 2016, 12:40 PM Agree 0
    Benefits and drawbacks would have to be balanced out for each respective board member. If amalgamation cuts pointless costs and dues to members while maintaining or improving benefits and performance, good thing.
    Problems arise when amalgamation causes an increase in "red tape" and costs are imposed that do not evenly reflect the level of services offered to members. We do NOT need a larger middle-management.
    We would need to see an offering on paper to decide. We work with contracts, seems silly to base a decision this important on opinions.

• Victoria Realtor Nick | 01 Jun 2016, 02:43 PM Agree 0
    Here is the official VREB counter to amalgamation.
Post a reply