Real Estate Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

what is full service?

Notify me of new replies via email
Penny L. | 28 Jan 2015, 09:27 AM Agree 0
There is an agent in my office who calls himself full service, and who demands a full commission, but he just posts listings on mls and does the bare minimum. I've had conversations with him and tried to explain that there's more to being an agent (he's a rookie, less than one year under his belt), but he doesn't listen. How can I make him understand that there's more to being an agent?
  • | 28 Jan 2015, 11:11 AM Agree 0
    He will figure it out when he faces the consequences of a bad reputation. He will fail in this business.
  • K Tod | 28 Jan 2015, 01:13 PM Agree 0
    Unfortunately his bad reputation will make all Realtor's look bad. Therefore the sooner he fails the better.
  • K. Linzalone | 28 Jan 2015, 01:34 PM Agree 0
    Unfortunately some people only learn by trial and error. That's to bad because there's a lot to be said for listening to those with experience.
  • S | 28 Jan 2015, 03:22 PM Agree 0
    It is not up to you to correct other people unless he works for you or your his broker. You can give him a few examples of agents that go out of their way to provide full service and then you have to step back.
  • Thameen | 29 Jan 2015, 09:26 AM Agree 0
    If he is not a Fulltime agent then he don't bother about closing successful deals. His bread is coming from other sources any way. He tries to teach the consumers, but he will be tought instead .
  • G Johanson | 29 Jan 2015, 03:16 PM Agree 0
    It is my opinion that "Full Service" is not well understood throughout the entire real estate industry. Perhaps if you defined "Full Service" you would soon discover that not many real estate sales people provide "Full Service". If you want your agent to provide "Full Service" then teach him what it is. Show him what the standard you want.
  • HomesListed | 06 Feb 2015, 11:20 PM Agree 1
    Just because you have a business card does not make you a business person.
  • PartTime | 08 Feb 2015, 04:26 PM Agree 0
    totally disagree with this statement... Part time agents are doing better job because they're not desperate to make income so fast...
  • AgentX | 09 Feb 2015, 01:13 PM Agree 0
    Part time real estate agents can do a great job. I see just as many incompetent full time agents as part time agents. In the US it is very common for agents to be part time. is an interesting read for part time agents. Enjoy.
  • $1.000 transactions | 18 Feb 2015, 12:02 PM Agree 0
    It should be full service for $1,000 listing and 1,000 for sales. What could they accomplish with more?? they check previous sales to shoot for a listing or sale. They service...please tell me what else!!!?? I have seen what they do from the top agent to part time rookie and did not see anything different ..except nicer suit or car for some...You can become a agent without a high school diploma. They have a monopoly on information... the rest is tour guide, taxi service and they fill out some forms...85-95% of sales are done by other agents so there is no advertising..I have listed with many top agents they post houses are just for them to generate leads for has been documented open really doesn't help the seller..
Post a reply