Real Estate Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Working-age population drives price growth—National Bank

Notify me of new replies via email
Ephraim Vecina | 06 Apr 2016, 08:15 AM Agree 0
A National Bank official said that Canada’s pool of skilled young professionals is responsible for much of the demand in the country’s urban centres
  • A B.C. Realtor | 06 Apr 2016, 01:17 PM Agree 0
    Finally an educated and informed analysis of the main driving force in any Real Estate market - working age population - not fictitious corrupt Realtors.
  • a YVR realtor | 12 Apr 2016, 02:01 PM Agree 0
    ..absolutely true. The "shadow flipping" antics that the media loves to get hold of and run with are an infinitesimally small % of all transactions, and something that negatively taints all realtors. And what everyone is loathe to state openly is that it's predominantly going on with "certain" ethnic groups who have brought their ways of doing business to this country. I was recounted a story last week of a prospective commercial tenant in "a certain ethnic area" of Vancouver being asked for a "lease-up fee" on top of his first-and-last month's deposit. In the residential rental market asking for "key money" is illegal. Unfortunately the commercial market is not covered by landlord/tenant legislation in BC. I am not only offended as a realtor but offended as a Canadian that these kinds of shady tactics are now routinely carried out here. It's anathema to the thousands of us who do business ethically and with the interests of our clients fully at the forefront of our practices. But no one will clamp down on the groups that are predominantly doing this. Am I a racist? Not one bit. I embrace all peoples and have good friends in almost every ethnic group. I just like to see decent honest business carried out and those that don't do it called out...
Post a reply