Real Estate Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Zoocasa no more

Notify me of new replies via email
JayListon | 12 Jun 2015, 11:02 AM Agree 0
IS the end of Zoocasa the first step for agents in the battle against do-it-all clients? Ultimately, we provide way more value than what that site could have provided with their online salespeople, but technology is also inescapable. What's the next step?
  • RealtyPoint | 15 Jun 2015, 09:07 AM Agree 0
    The next step?
    That's a good question because, as we know, disruption comes from the outside. Much as Zoocasa wanted to make a go of it, buying off clients doesn't work in the long run to build a business, it's a short-term revenue generator that, as we can see, doesn't last.
    The battle of explaining the value of a realtor versus the general opinion of real estate brokers by the public (I'm sure you know what I mean) will be an uphill battle until the value is proven beyond a reasonable doubt.
    Do realtors need better marketing that educates the public to better protect their reputation in an open marketplace?
    Does the "gatekeeper of information" aspect of the business add or detract from the value that realtors provide?
    Are commissions too high for the perceived value of services rendered?
    All are contentious issues that need to be confronted rather that left to fester.
    Real estate people that work hard to build their business know all too well the challenges ahead.
    There is a solution, but until there is a stronger consensus of what needs to be accomplished the reputation for the industry will languish.

Post a reply