Real Estate Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Zoocasa prepares for sold data release

Notify me of new replies via email
Justin da Rosa | 19 Oct 2016, 08:15 AM Agree 0
The brokerage has announced its official relaunch, with an eye to the future of sold data availability
  • Roy Singh | 19 Oct 2016, 12:53 PM Agree 0
    RECO has not approved that sold data can be released with permission of the buyers and as such I think they will have an issue with this as this is a violation of REBBA 2002.
  • e.harold | 19 Oct 2016, 01:14 PM Agree 0
    Do RECO rules hold water ? they all must be effective OR none are ??
  • | 19 Oct 2016, 01:15 PM Agree 0
    Just put it in the fine print where it says that realtors get the same privilege. Home sales are public knowledge this would just save the trip to the land transfer office. Why are realtors afraid if the consumer can get solds or actives in their own neighbourhood without the pitch. Embrace the future!
  • | 19 Oct 2016, 01:26 PM Agree 0
    releasing sold date has the potential to mislead buyers and expose potential sellers to law suits. Unless buyer and seller use the data as part of story they can easily misconstrue the value of the home for sale of the appropriate purchase price. Zoocasa wants full access. Well if that is the case, the agents, or helpers be advised to inform your buyers and sellers how to use the data, in the present and past. it is not as simple as "well the house down the street sold for $xxx, mine should be the same".
  • gv | 19 Oct 2016, 01:29 PM Agree 0
    What a joke we paid for this and they steal our info...I will sell everything exclusive
  • Maf | 19 Oct 2016, 02:29 PM Agree 0
    Sorry, I don't see any innovation or the future of real estate brokerage in a sold data release. In USA they have that information available already and the real estate industry is not different.
    That is just a marketing technique to attract publicity to Zoocasa in their relaunching.
    I hope they don't fail again because the sold data release wont help them as much as they think.
    Do they really have a marketing person in their payroll ?
  • peter b. realtor | 19 Oct 2016, 05:46 PM Agree 0
    What does Zoocasa actually do? If they were a conventional brokerage, they should have survived without Rogers dollars. Are they an actual brokerage that couldn't make it work (so, basically incompetent) or a "virtual" brokerage that is trying to use data they did not pay for to somehow make themselves some money (so they are basically... scamming by offering a perceived benefit where none really exists?).

Maybe Zoocasa should sign on to one of those "millionaire marketing programs", the ones that tell you to take an ad touting that you sold a house that the competition couldn't sell over xxx months (without mentioning that you were the listing broker and the purchaser was working through a co-operating broker, or mentioning that the previous listing was at a higher price... as insisted on by the seller, or mentioning that improvements were made to the property between listings, affecting the actual value... you know, actual facts).

This industry has moved from a service profession to one of optics.

Not good but the money makers will milk it somehow and the rules regarding privacy are ambiguous enough (for a reason).

So, what "do" they do?
  • | 20 Oct 2016, 10:47 PM Agree 0
    Just one more step towards the elimination of what's left of your privacy people....
    /B. Angelica
  • Dneto416 | 22 Oct 2016, 11:31 AM Agree 0
    Does Treb have to release all the info about the property or just the sold amount?
  • Dneto416 | 22 Oct 2016, 11:33 AM Agree 0
    Does Treb have to release all the info about the property or just the sold amount?
  • Brahm | 02 Nov 2016, 11:24 AM Agree 0
    They have released sold data in the USA for the better part of a decade. If Zoocasa wants to create an automated valuation model, that is fine. I read an article recently about an American realtor who prints off as many as 7 AVM's. Once the prospect sees that estimated values are all over the place, he ends up signing them.
Post a reply