Real Estate Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Zoocasa returns

Notify me of new replies via email
Real Estate Professional | 02 Jul 2015, 02:22 PM Agree 0
Ten days after Zoocasa shut down, the discount real estate website has returned under new ownership.
  • Egos | 02 Jul 2015, 02:49 PM Agree 0
    The big ego tour guides spoke to soon..Zoocasa relaunched under new tech RE/investors who smell the Wars of overcharging FEES
  • Agent | 02 Jul 2015, 02:55 PM Agree 0
    Egos: You are clearly an uneducated moron. Learn a bit of basic grammar and spelling before attempting your next posting. You ignorant troll.
  • Louie Papa | 02 Jul 2015, 03:01 PM Agree 0
    If you work with an agent you get get all the tools handed to you, so you don"t have to search for it yourself. I just don"t see the advantage of researching everything yourself when you can just ask a professional.
  • Peter B. Realtor | 02 Jul 2015, 03:09 PM Agree 0
    Egos (or the plethora of handles you "write" under). Let me understand this: You believe that a realtor should list a property, bear the costs of marketing the property, shoulder the legal responsibility of proper disclosure, agency law and representation, represent the seller legally within the framework of negotiating an offer, follow through with the coordination of said offer with the seller's legal representative, be held accountable for years of legal liability regarding the transaction, all for $1000-$2000 while, at the same time, the seller's legal representative essentially has their underlings perform a series of mundane chores while he/she reads the fine print, performs proper diligence regarding liens, etc. at nearly the same fee? Not that I have any issues with the work lawyers do on closing as it is crucial to the buyer and seller, but a realtor has NO guarantee of income at the start of a listing transaction, even in this "hot" (and not everything happens in Toronto or Vancouver) market.
    I have to wonder what your left hand is doing when your right hand is finger-typing your idiotic comments.
  • AJ | 02 Jul 2015, 03:15 PM Agree 0
    Hey Egos, you must have missed this statement in the article... "Also, the site will no longer offer commission rebates"?
  • mike | 02 Jul 2015, 03:21 PM Agree 0
    So question to all the people saying it's easy being a realtor, they get paid way too much, they take multiple choice tests....why exactly aren't you a real estate agent?
  • | 02 Jul 2015, 03:30 PM Agree 0
    Zoocasa has consistantly been out of date on their information and overestimation in their pricing estimating.
  • Matt | 02 Jul 2015, 03:38 PM Agree 0
    mike, it's only one person (troll) that's saying that, they're just typing a different name (if you can call it that) each time they comment. I've tried to engage him (or her) in actual conversation, and they made it pretty clear that they're not interested...he's only plaguing these comment sections to gain attention and rile people up. Eventually he's going to get bored, or get a job and not have time, but in the meantime, REP would be able to curb this comment trash train if they made it that in order to leave a comment, you have to be registered, and you can only register one account per IP. That would at least make it so each comment left by them beared the same name, and if they violated the rules in some way (which, obviously they have...I've seen several comments left by them deleted after they've been reported), that user could be banned. Problem solved.
  • Mike | 02 Jul 2015, 03:43 PM Agree 0
    They were advertising it heavily on the radio around here for months but if you went to the website it was basically barren of any kind of information and the "top realtors" it pledged to set you up with only included a few veterans while the rest were under 2-3 years in the business.
  • Reader | 02 Jul 2015, 03:51 PM Agree 0
    Thanks Matt! And very true!

"Ego", "Peter B. Realtor", "Commission Wars", etc etc etc... is the same person! Sorry, I mean the same TROLL!

He copy/pastes the same comments on all the articles! Wakes up every morning (or night!) and looks forward to this daily excitement!

P.S. His reply to this message coming soon!

• Peter B. Realtor (as in a realtor) | 02 Jul 2015, 04:10 PM Agree 0
    Hey Reader. Wait a second. You are calling me a troll because I disagree with "Egos" and commission wars? Do you have difficulty understanding what it is you are reading?
  • Reader | 02 Jul 2015, 04:45 PM Agree 0
    Haha! Sorry Peter B. Realtor! My apologies! Your the man!

Relax! I do understand what I'm reading! I just didn't realize I included that name as well!

P.S. Lol, I just gave the TROLL more reason to troll! Ohhhh dear! Here we go! Heaven forbid I made a mistake!
  • Lyle | 02 Jul 2015, 04:47 PM Agree 0
    Louie: It's called "trust", and I trust my own judgement and research more than just about any so-called "professional" in any field, and talk about shades of gray within the term "professional", the real estate industry covers the gamut from A to Z; from a completely knowledgeable expert to someone who cannot even grasp the most basic concepts of a transaction where they are supposed to be "representing" a member of the public.
  • Matt | 02 Jul 2015, 05:47 PM Agree 0
    Lyle, this is why it's very important to make sure you know who you're working with. You want to interview agents to see who will work best with you, who you will be able to place your trust in, who is knowledgeable and who will be able to provide you with the information and guidance that will make the experience as good as it can be. It's no different than any other industry - there are good and bad. I'd love to tell you that every person with a licence to sell real estate is incredible, but we all know that this would be a deviation from the truth. What I can say is that most are very good (in my experience), but certainly you need to weed out the ones that aren't.

One of the best ways of finding a real estate professional is to get a referral from someone you know and trust that has used them.
  • Peter B. Realtor | 02 Jul 2015, 05:53 PM Agree 0
    That's o.k. Figured it was a booboo.
  • Dave, not from Vancouver or Toronto | 02 Jul 2015, 06:21 PM Agree 0
    You know Lyle, you're right, and that's unfortunate. But the public has to take full credit for hiring the part-timers and the unknowledgeable and making them viable. I few simple questions would go a long way in making better choices. Try How long have you been a licenced Realtor? And, Do you have a second job? for starters. And liberally sprinkle it with a variety of other questions that you feel will give you some level of comfort and understand of the individuals competence. If you pick the guy from your hockey team that brings the beer, or the waitress that overheard your discussion about real estate, or that cab driver that handed you his card, you'll get what you deserve. As for doing your own research online, be careful. Some of the nicest websites are presented by some of the weakest Realtors. All of the fanciest bells and whistles' like drone flyovers, and video walk-throughs are enticing, but if the Realtor can't negotiate, he or she will do you little good outside of the hot markets of Vancouver, Toronto and a few others spread across the country.
  • REP | 02 Jul 2015, 07:07 PM Agree 0

The TROLL strikes again!
  • commission wars | 02 Jul 2015, 07:12 PM Agree 0
    stop trolling and take the taxi out for some some closets and bedrooms..dazzzllle them
  • Matt | 02 Jul 2015, 08:30 PM Agree 0
    hey Troll, I'm looking at the times that you make your you have a job you go to, or do you just sit around waiting to crawl on the comment sections? In fact, that's a pretty good question...what DO you do for a living? I think I saw someone else ask you that once, and you never did answer. Are you afraid? Or ashamed?

Your comments don't bug me, trust me, I see far worse (and far more creative) on YouTube, usually from prepubescent kids.
  • | 02 Jul 2015, 10:30 PM Agree 0
    Dear door opener or Peter retro or whatever. Did you have a bad experience with a realtor? Wondering where your illogical rants are coming from. While it is true that there are some realtors that are more proficient than others, typically anyone that can earn a living after 5 years in is offering at least an adequate service. real estate agents are often perceived to make exorbitant amounts of money for " opening doors and showing closets" but consider this. Many realtors work 7 days a week and are on call from 9 in the morning until around 9 at night. A person ' on call ' is still working ,like a fireman or doctor, even in between the actual fulfillment of typical duties. 12 hour days x 7 days a week = 84 hours. Let's round it down to 75 hours . Well low and behold. That is exactly 2 typical 37.5 hour shifts in a week. So crtInly after expenses , a realtor better be making Double what , say a Simple Average layman such as yourself must be making or its You riding the gravy train. The welfare system in Canada is quite generous tho and I would bet donuts to dollars that is your source of revenue ;) happy harping.
  • Matt | 02 Jul 2015, 11:38 PM Agree 0
    Dear Troll,
    ...And still you can't answer my question. How is it you expect anyone to take your mad ramblings seriously? I think the previous comment to mine is probably right about your source of income.
  • Laura | 03 Jul 2015, 01:46 AM Agree 0
    LOL clearly written by a Realtor. I totally agree with you. There is no guarantee of a paycheque when Realtors take on listings and that is partly why the fee is higher. No one considers the tax man, the brokerage fees, assistants fees and other fees associated with the deal. They see the "gross" amount and think Realtors are all rich. They don't consider the homes that don't sell or the buyers that don't end up buying. They see a big fat number and figure the Realtors are all living high on the hog which just isn't the case. They also don't consider that it may be 2 or 3 months before the next sale. In a hot market everyone wants to cut fees and do it themselves but in a slow market, everyone wants a Realtor. Why punish the Realtor when the market is active. We're the ones who need to survive in both markets. Yes I'm a Realtor and I'm so tired of these 3rd party sites trying to poach leads off my listings and sell them back to me. I was actually glad to see a Realtor bought the site. I hope they consider the value that Realtors add and the industry as a whole when they decide how they're going to use it.
  • Reader | 03 Jul 2015, 10:42 AM Agree 0
    Clearly the TROLL failed his "3 month course" (wherever that is!). That's why we keep seeing this broken record!

It's like arguing with a child who just doesn't know any better! You can't really blame them! And the child keeps repeating, "... I know you are! But what am I?"... "I know you are, but what am I?" ....and so on, and so on! It won't make a difference!

ALthough in this case, sadly it's not a child!

So... I leave the TROLL with that, AND his upcoming enthusiastic reply, AND "Dr Phil" come back... while I go back to work and enjoy the weekend! ...ohhhh, AND his reply to my going "back to work and enjoying the weekend" because we're clearly not allowed to do that either in our profession! (...sarcasm!)
  • jeff | 03 Jul 2015, 02:22 PM Agree 0
    Had enough of the bulls hit on his site. Between the trolls that denigrate our profession to those that feel they have to defend the industry (me included) I have had enough.....
    The odd good article does not make up for the moronic comments made
    There was one good suggestion in the above thread that requested Kmi publishers to only allow one person commenting per address. Good idea also you should be monitering comments and bar those that are objectionable. Quality newspapers would not allow the shit that you are allowing printing. Just because you can hid behind anonymity does not mean you should

You have my url me when you cleanup your Web site.. until then adios
  • Bias | 03 Jul 2015, 03:18 PM Agree 0
    I see this forum has become bias
Post a reply